At the top of the Mandakini River, Kedarnath is one of the holiest sites for Hindus. Kedar is yet another name for Lord Shiva, the ultimate creator and destroyer. In the Rudra Himalayan Range, Kedarnath Temple is more than 1000 years old and still enchants devotees of Hinduism. The temple has might mythological connection with Mahabharata where Pandavas have pleaded Lord Shiva for atonement. The languages widely spoken in this region are Garwali and Hindi.
How To Reach Kedarnath?
By Air : The nearest airport to Kedarnath is Jolly Grant that is just 20km from Dehradun and about 239 km from Kedarnath. You can easily get cab from Dehradun airport to Kedarnath.
By Rail : Rishikesh, 221 km away is the nearest railway station from Kedarnath.
By Bus : Kedarnath is very well connected by road. There are timely return buses from Rishikesh and Haridwar to Gaurikund. The sacred destination ‘Kedarnath’ can easily be reached by the pilgrims.
- Location : Uttarakhand, Rudraprayag District, India State : Uttaranchal
- District : Rudraprayag
- Famous for/as : Pilgrim, Jyotirlinga
- Sightseeing : Kedarnath Temple, Shankaracharya Samadhi, Vasuki Tal.
- Languages : Gujarati, Hindi, English
- Best Season:May to October except monsoon is the best timefor Kedarnath yatra.
- Weather : Summer 15 to 30°C, Winter 0 to 24°C