Located between the twin mountain ranges of Nar and Narayan in Chamoli district in Uttarakhand, Badrinath is the most sacred Hindu pilgrim center among four most important shrines. Badrinath temple is situated on the banks of Alaknanda River. Badrinath Temple along with the impressive Neelkanth Mountain ranges as background setting is a significant destination on the blessed itinerary of each spiritual Hindu and worshipping at Badrinath at least once in a life time is beleived to relieve a Hindu from his recurring cycle of births and deaths and it is a way to salvation .
- Location: Uttarakhand, District- Chamoli, India, Altitude: 3133 meters
- Language: Hindi, English, Garhwali
- Area: 3 km2 (1 sq mi), Elevation: 3,415m (11,204 ft)
- Population: 841 (2001),Density: 280/km2 (725/sq mi)
- Temperature: Summer 22 (Max) & 6(Min) Degrees Celsius Winter 8 (Max) & -6 (Min) Degrees Celsius
- Best Time to visit: May to September
Major Pilgrimage Attractions Of Badrinath :
- Tapt Kund
- Brahma Kapal
- Mata Murti Temple
- Alka Puri
How To Reach Badrinath?
By Airport : Nearest airport is Jolly Grant (317 kms.) from where you can catch flight to all major cities of India as well other countries.
By Railhead : Nearest railway station is Rishikesh (300 kms.), Kotdwar (327 kms.)
By Road : Well connected to Rishikesh, via buses from Haridwar to Badrinath, Dehradun, Kotdwar and other hill stations of Garhwal and Kumaon region